Automotive Message Board

Go Back   Automotive Message Board > Daimler Chrysler > Daimler Chrysler > Dodge > Dodge Stratus
FORUMS Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Dodge Stratus Forum for discussions in regards to the Dodge Stratus

Car Forum: I have a 2005 dodge stratus with code p0572-low voltage on cruise control.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:22 AM

I have a 2005 dodge stratus with code p0572-low voltage on cruise control.

what is this and how can I fix it.? The check engine light had come on with the P0572 low voltage on the cruise control. I have had the light reset but am not sure what "low voltage on cruise control" means and how I can correct it.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:22 AM

That's probably a fairly easy fix it job you just need to check the fuse and relay for the cruise control , plus check the black wire going to the cruise control servo unit under the hood , you'll see two thin metal cables running to it from the throttle body.Plus this code suggests that the switch on the brake pedal might be acting up or that the switch is loose of out of alignment or it has a bad ground etc, also it mentions low current that's probably a bad connection of faulty wire and again ground related.

Hope that helps and best of luck.By the way most of such problems if related to wiring are ground faults.If it is the brake switch etc you can check with the big auto wreckers for the part bec they know what parts are interchangeable on what models and yrs etc.I suggest getting the used part from a U pick wreckers if at all possible bec if you remove the part you can save up to 50% on the parts over all average price or cost.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:23 AM

plain and simple, low voltage is usually caused by a relay or a bad ground on those cars,i know i own two of them and have had the same problem from one of them,good luck.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:00 AM

I also own a 2005 stratus although i havent had this problem with mine, mine seems to be the light with a fuel pressure sensor or something,and i still have warrenty on it id have the dodge dealer check it out. thats what i do. your might pay more but you are paying for a better qulity repair casue they are trained in dodge repairs and have parts easily avaible. great car by the way