Automotive Message Board
cars connected social network cars connected app for android devices cars connected app for iOS devices

Go Back   Automotive Message Board > Ford Motor Company > Ford Motor Company > Mazda > Mazda Millenia
FORUMS Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mazda Millenia Forum for discussions in regards to the Mazda Millenia

Car Forum: 2000 Mazda Millenia factory stereo cassette tape rejection?

Old 08-03-2013, 11:28 PM

2000 Mazda Millenia factory stereo cassette tape rejection?

Title says it all... I just bought a 2000 Mazda Millenia today and foolishly, without checking the cassette player, bought a cassette converter so that I can plug my iPhone into the stereo. Imagine my surprise when the tape comes popping right back out as if playing a cassette tape isn't the function of the damn thing! Since I can find zero articles or even forum posts about this particular issue, I need some answers. We popped in some more tapes (including a cleaner) and all were rejected the same way.

I refuse to spend any more money on this car than I have (the cost of the car plus 3 new tires). I can't afford any more, but it's definitely a necessity to be able to plug my phone in to the stereo. I mean come on, I need SOMETHING to motivate me to drive into work in the morning, right?

Thanks in advance for any good answers.

Check out these heads up display (HUD) units available for all vehicles!
Old 08-03-2013, 11:28 PM

Get an FM transmitter. It hooks up to your phone or mp3 player or whatever and gives off the music as an FM radio wave. Then you just tune your radio to the station it tells you and you can hear your music.

It's either that or get a new head unit.

This transmitter looks nice - http://www.amazon.com/Monster-RadioPlay-Transmitter-MBL-FM-XMTR300/dp/B000E43GOO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375585004&sr=8-1&keywords=fm+transmitter

Otherwise you get get them at Shopko, BestBuy, or another store like that.