Automotive Message Board
cars connected social network cars connected app for android devices cars connected app for iOS devices

Go Back   Automotive Message Board > Ford Motor Company > Ford Motor Company > Mazda > Mazda Millenia
FORUMS Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mazda Millenia Forum for discussions in regards to the Mazda Millenia

Car Forum: Exchange 2000 Mazda Millenia S horn with 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GT horn?

Old 08-06-2013, 09:06 PM

Exchange 2000 Mazda Millenia S horn with 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GT horn?

I really don't like the horn in my new car -- the Millenia. My old one is going to the junkyard anyway, so I figure that if it's possible, I would just switch out the Mazda horn for the Pontiac one.

Since I know nothing about cars, you'll have to bear with me. I think that both horns are located behind the passenger-side headlight, correct? And if I were to get to it, what do I need to do to remove and replace the horns? Is this possible? Thank you so much.

Bonus question for those of you who are into modified audio: Is it possible to add an auxiliary jack to the factory stereo? I don't really want to get a new one, but if I have to in order to get an auxiliary jack, I will. (The cassette player is not working, so I cannot use a converter, either.) If nothing else, does anyone here have any ideas as to what aftermarket stereo I should get? I don't like flashy, and I want buttons much like the ones already installed in the Millenia -- buttons that are big, easy to press, easy to see, and don't make noise when you press them. I was really wanting an Eclipse CD1200G (http://i.seimg.net/images/365250/main/cd1200g.jpg), but they went out of business and I can find this head unit absolutely nowhere.

Anyway, thanks for the help!

Check out these heads up display (HUD) units available for all vehicles!
Old 08-06-2013, 09:07 PM

yes, it would be quite easy to switch out the horns..they're right where you said and just put it in.. if the connecter doesnt fit, splice in the old one