Automotive Message Board
cars connected social network cars connected app for android devices cars connected app for iOS devices

Go Back   Automotive Message Board > Ford Motor Company > Ford Motor Company > Mazda > Mazda Millenia
FORUMS Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mazda Millenia Forum for discussions in regards to the Mazda Millenia

Car Forum: I need to fix the tape player in my 2000 Mazda Millenia stock stereo?

Old 09-18-2013, 10:13 PM

I need to fix the tape player in my 2000 Mazda Millenia stock stereo?

Don't bother telling me that I'm screwed. If that is your response, please move on. There must be something inside the tape player that is malfunctioning. There must be a small piece that broke or a piece of the circuit board that fried. Please tell me what could possibly be causing this and where to find the materials needed to fix it.

Any tape that I put into is almost immediately spat back out. You can't hold the tape in and it will always push the tape back out after about 2 seconds of thinking about maybe playing it. There is no error message.

I'm about to just pull the whole thing apart and hope that it's a fix on the circuit board. I'm pulling my hair out, not being able to listen to music in my car. I've been able to manage on a select few CDs that I have, but I'm getting stir crazy with a 2 hour drive every weekend listening to the same 5 CDs. This time, I'm about to crash my car just to get a new one with a better stereo.

A new stereo is not an option because there is a Bose system in the car, which means that the speakers are exceedingly difficult to wire and no one will do it for less that $150, which is after purchasing the $200 stereo, seeing as I have to buy a double din. I'm not technical enough to be able to put an aux jack in, even if I could figure out where I could put it without it looking stupid as hell.

I just can't do it anymore. I bought the car thinking I could just use the tape player with a tape converter and I'd be good. The previous owner never told me the tape player didn't work. This is a major problem.

Again, if all you're going to say is I need to give up or try a new stereo, don't bother. I need a fix for this tape player in this stereo. Thank you to whoever can answer this question.

Check out these heads up display (HUD) units available for all vehicles!