Automotive Message Board
cars connected social network cars connected app for android devices cars connected app for iOS devices

Go Back   Automotive Message Board > Ford Motor Company > Ford Motor Company > Mercury > Mercury Grand Marquis
FORUMS Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mercury Grand Marquis Forum for discussions in regards to the Mercury Grand Marquis

Car Forum: 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis Won't Start?

Old 07-06-2010, 02:38 PM

2000 Mercury Grand Marquis Won't Start?

So, riddle me this, I'm driving along, hit a bump, my electronic dash goes blank, now I have no gauges. Get to where I'm going, turn the car off, come back a bit later, try to start it, radio and lights kick on but when I turn the key to start it, nothing. The engine doesn't turn, the dash stays blank, and the car stays off. Any suggestions?

Check out these heads up display (HUD) units available for all vehicles!
Old 07-06-2010, 02:39 PM

Electrical problems are the worst. You probably have a short or a wire harness is loose. Even worse, it may be a bad computer. I' take the panel out from under the dash and look around with a flash lite, see if anything is loose. Try wiggling some wires and have someone look at the dash lights to see if they flicker. Start with the bundle of cables running to the ignition. If you can't find anything there look under the hood. Next, in the dash. Then the computer. If any of that sounds extreme. take it to a mechanic.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:39 PM

You might could try unhooking the battery and waiting a few minutes and then re-hooking it back and it might reset the whole thing.