Automotive Message Board
cars connected social network cars connected app for android devices cars connected app for iOS devices

Go Back   Automotive Message Board > Mercedes-Benz > Mercedes SLK-Class
FORUMS Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mercedes SLK-Class Forum for discussions in regards to the Mercedes SLK-Class

Car Forum: 2014 BMW 35i or Mercedes SLK350?

Old 02-05-2014, 07:16 AM

2014 BMW 35i or Mercedes SLK350?

2014 Mercedes SLK350 or BMW 35i?
I have optioned both cars and they are only about 800 dollars apart. Which would you choose?

Exterior?
Interior?
Feel?
etc.

Check out these heads up display (HUD) units available for all vehicles!
Old 02-05-2014, 07:16 AM

I own both Merced and now bmw . Bmw twin turbo has some issue now there are two websites you can chat with owners and exsperts they can give you the best advice on each model. Bimmerfest a website for bmw & Benz a mercedes website you be able to ask question on each model and determine which car you want to purchase. Good luck.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:20 AM

There is no such model as a BMW "35i".
Old 02-05-2014, 07:22 AM

I own a 2014 BMW 328i Luxury Line loaded. As of 3 months, it has been an excellent choice.
Interior: my Saddle Brown leather interior beautifully accents the car's interior. The navigation screen is beautiful and HD quality. The interior is very high quality from the window buttons to the door slams. There is slightly more space than the E90 BMW meaning that 4 full size adults and 1 child can fit comfortably in the car for a while.
Performance: BMW's new N20 engines (4 cyl.) are mid 200 HP and mid 200 torque which make the car go from 0-60 in under 6 sec. and a top speed of 155mph (US models limited to 130mph ) very impressive engine given that it is a 4 cyl.
Exterior: very elegant design especially with BMW's Xenon lights. The LIGHTING PACKAGE is worth it.
Warranty/Service: 4 year warranty. When you buy/lease a NEW BMW, you get 4yrs. or 50,000 miles of no cost maintenance including oil/filter, brake pads, brake discs, engine belt, wiper blades.

Some family members own the Mercedes-Benz GL. The materials and quality are top notch (like most German cars), the performance is good. But MBs are more for comfort and I am 99% sure that their maintenance plans are shorter, cover less, and cost more than BMW's plan. I don't think an SLK would compare to a 3 Series, but more a C Class. The new 2015 C Class is amazing. Hope this helps

Below is my car. I think it is the best color combo on the market.