Automotive Message Board
cars connected social network cars connected app for android devices cars connected app for iOS devices

Go Back   Automotive Message Board > General Motors Corporation > General Motors Corporation > Chevrolet > Chevy Corvair
FORUMS Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Chevy Corvair Forum for discussions in regards to the Chevrolet Corvair

Car Forum: I just got a Chevy corvair, I think the year is 68 or 66 it's the monza...

Old 06-04-2014, 11:43 AM

I just got a Chevy corvair, I think the year is 68 or 66 it's the monza...

...with the 110 engine.? There is a pipe that goes across the engine ( closer to the rear of the engine but right by the altinator) and I can't figure out what it goes to or what it does. There is a bracket on the right side of the bottom of the engine and what ever use to be there is missing. There are 2 pulleys that come off the front of the engine ( one spins the fan and all that stuff) please help me!!

Check out these heads up display (HUD) units available for all vehicles!
Old 06-04-2014, 11:44 AM

That is the intake manifold. The carburetor should be mounted to the middle of it. If you see a hole in the middle, the carburetor is missing. By the way, don't take anything anyone tells you about what Ralph Nader said about the Corvair. Several years after Nader's book "Unsafe at Any Speed" came out, an engineering college did tests on the Corvair and never came up with any rollovers. I loved my Corvairs and Ralph killed them.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:43 PM

I remember them !! One of two things - IF you have a single carb model, that's part of the intake manifold to move the air/fuel mix to both of the sides of the engine. IF you have the twin carbs, that part of the air cleaner system to supply them with clean air.