• In case you hadn't noticed, this community is SPAM FREE. Wonder why? Because it's actively maintained. If you're planning on posting anything non-automobile related, don't waste your time. We have 24 hour coverage.

2001 mercury villager rev limiter?

ChadB

2001 mercury villager 3.3 What I have is a problem with the rpms not going over a certain point. meaning when I hit the gas at idle the engine sounds like the rev limiter is kicking in way too soon and will not even drive over 30 mph with this problem. Has a knock sensor code and o2 heater circuit malfunction bank 1 sensor 1. plugs are good as are the wires not very old.
Have replaced the following,

1. brand new fuel pump and filter new.
2. brand new distributor, distributor cap and rotor button.
3. TPS used but when unplugged did same as old one readjusted the idle seems to be working.

I wanted to know what could cause it to start acting like the rev limiter is kicking in when you slowly accelerate or open the throttle up like i said only the 2 codes above are showing up on scanner. Battery has been out overnight for recharge but this van has had the same problem before I replaced all the above parts.

Thanks.
Correction it is a 1999 mercury villager 3.3 if that makes a difference.

Latest posts