• In case you hadn't noticed, this community is SPAM FREE. Wonder why? Because it's actively maintained. If you're planning on posting anything non-automobile related, don't waste your time. We have 24 hour coverage.

Dilemma: To get the Honda Pilot with navigation or without navigation.?

classicvince

What advantages are there for the built in Honda navigation, except that the screen is wider? Will I be better off using my portable Garmin? Will the technology of Honda navigation be surpassed by the smaller portable ones?

armpilot

What advantages are there for the built in Honda navigation, except that the screen is wider? Will I be better off using my portable Garmin? Will the technology of Honda navigation be surpassed by the smaller portable ones?

Cant beat the built-in for looks and you can sync your cell phone wirelessly and pull up the phone numbers on the navi screen.

Last edited:

LEM

A salesman once actually talked my wife out of a factory nav system saying we'd never get our money from it should we decide to sell or trade. If you want functionality other than just navigaton, then you might want it. GPS are really cheap now and it wasn't worth the extra cash for us to get a factory system.

dinkyfish

nav or no nav?

We just bought our Honda Pilot last week...we also couldn't decide. Took us 6 weeks to make up our mind. Finally, we opted to NOT get it. We just couldn't justify how much extra it was for that feature. =) I will say that we couldn't be happier with our choice. LOVING our new pilot!!:D

Jimb

I just bought a 2011 EXL-Navi in March. It replaced my 2004 EXL-Navi that had 95,000 miles on it. Yes, it's hard to justify spending the $ for many extras like Navi. However, with the 2011 Navi you get other "Touring" extras like voice control for radio and A/C as well as Hands-Free Phone. I really like it. The large map display is great.

I use a portable Garmin in my wife's 2007 CRV. I like it's features, but I still prefer having the built-in model in my Pilot. Just a personal preference, I guess.

Latest posts