• In case you hadn't noticed, this community is SPAM FREE. Wonder why? Because it's actively maintained. If you're planning on posting anything non-automobile related, don't waste your time. We have 24 hour coverage.

temperature gauge on 85 oldsmobile toronado?

Andrejr

I'm having problems with my temperature gauge on my car....... When it heats up its fine but every time i put my foot on the gas it goes up to the line b4 it gets to the red but when i take my food off the gas it slowly goes down by to normal.....

P.S. I changed my clutch fan cause i had this problem b4 and everything was fine but now it starting back..... My guess is that its my thermostat that might be stuck.... Any feed back???? And thanks for taking the time out to help me solve this problem.

bandit_60

it might be the temperature sending unit acting up ! if the thermostat was sticking it would either overheat or run too cold !

Country Boy

You need a new electrical temperature sensor which screws into the cylinder head. The only way a thermostat would be bad is if the temperature gauge registered no temperature or if the temperature rose to the red zone.

Latest posts